It is essential to backup android apps and app data these days. And the helium backup app for android can do it for you with ease. Here in this article, we will discuss how to backup android apps with helium backup app along with the need of backup. So, let us start now.
- Backup android apps with Helium backup app
- Why should you backup android apps
- Helium backup app for android
- How to Backup Android Apps
- How to Restore android apps in helium app
Backup android apps with Helium backup app
Why should you backup android apps
Android smartphones are very productive on its own. Third party apps make it even more productive. We install too many apps to use our android like a boss. The number of installed apps sometimes reaches to hundreds. Almost all of these apps store some valuable app data to our android phones. If we accidentally uninstall any app, the app data will also be deleted from our android phone. If you restore your android phone to factory settings, then all your installed apps and data will also be deleted. Though you can again install all the apps from play store, but the deleted app data can not be recovered. Therefore you should backup android apps and their data regularly.
Read also: Best backup apps for Android smartphones
Helium backup app for android
There are too many apps available in the play store to backup android apps. Helium backup app is also one of them. It is by far the easiest and best backup solution for android smartphones. One of the main reason behind its success is that it does not require a rooted android phone to backup. You can backup all your android apps and data using helium backup app without rooting your android.
Helium can backup your app data to your internal storage, external sd card or cloud storage (google drive, dropbox and box). It can also backup your .apk file so that you won’t need to download it again from the play store while restoring. The .apk file is the installer file for android same as the .exe for a windows PCs. Helium backup can backup your messages and call logs also. Helium can also be used to sync app data between android phones. With sync feature of Helium Backup app, you can sync your game progress between any of your android devices. However, it requires you to buy the premium version of the app. The price of the premium version of Helium backup app is around ₹270 at play store in India, which is well worth.
How to Backup Android Apps
Step 1: Install Helium Backup App in your android phone
There are two versions of the helium apps available at the play store. The first is free and second is premium. The free version is rich in feature. You can backup your app and app data in internal storage, external sd card or cloud storage using the free version. However, if you want to restore data from the cloud, sync or schedule backups, you need to buy the premium version. Install the version which suits your needs.
- Go to the play store.
- Type ‘helium app’ in the play store search box.
- Both the free and the paid apps will be shown to you. Click on the app you want to install.
- Your Helium app will be installed on your android phone.
Step 2: Download and install Helium desktop in your PC
In order to use helium app, you first need to enable app backup using helium desktop software.
- Click this link to go to the helium desktop download site.
- Choose the appropriate installer and click on it.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen shortly. Choose the location to store the installer file and click save.
- Wait till the installer file is downloaded.
- Now, find the installer file on your PC and click on it to install.
Step 3: Enable USB debugging in your android
To enable app backup, it is compulsory to enable USB Debugging option on your android phone. The USB Debugging setting is located in Developer options.
- Go to the settings menu in your android and try to find developer options. If the option is available, skip the second and third tips. If you can’t find the developer options in your settings follow below tips.
- Go to about phone and tap on it.
- Find Build number option and tap it continuously seven times. It will enable developer options on your phone. Now, return to your settings.
- Find developer options in your settings and click on it access developer options.
- Scroll down and find USB debugging option and enable it.
Step 4: Connect your phone to PC via USB and enable app backup
Now it is the turn to connect your phone to your PC to enable app backup. Use and USB data cable to connect your phone.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB data cable.
- Launch helium desktop on your PC.
- Launch helium app on your android phone.
- It will show you a message stating that in order to use helium android app, you must enable application backup using helium desktop.
- Tap on Ok in your android screen and it will start enabling helium backup app. In 3-5 seconds, the application backup in your helium android app will be enabled.
- If the process failed, try connecting your phone using PTP mode.
Step 5: Backup android apps using helium app
Now, Your helium app is ready to backup all your apps and app data. Backing up apps and app data using helium is easier. Helium has an option to enable backup of app data only. This can be enabled by pulling up the black drawer below. Now, follow below tips to backup your apps and app data.
- Launch Helium backup app in your android.
- Select the apps which you want to backup. Pull the black drawer upwards and tap on the select all button to select every app.
- Tap on the backup button below.
- Select a backup destination from available options.
- It will take you to the screen where you will be asked to enter a password. Wait for a couple of seconds and helium will start backing up your apps.
- Your apps and app data will be backed up to your chosen destination.
How to Restore android apps in helium app
Restoring apps and their data is also an easy task. You can restore your apps and app data from your internal or external storage. However, as I have already told you that if you want to restore data from clouds you have to buy helium premium. Follow below tips to restore apps and data.
- Launch Helium app in your android.
- Swipe left to go to the restore menu.
- Choose the destination where you backed up your apps and data.
- Select the apps to restore. Pull the black drawer upwards and tap on the select all button to select every app.
- Tap on the restore to start restoring.
- It will take you to the same password entering screen as the one which is shown while backing up. Again, wait for a couple of seconds and helium will automatically start restoring your data.